I love brownies and I always have! I’m pretty sure it’s because of this lifelong love affair that I’ve had with chocolate. I have eaten many a tasty brownie but I had to find my own recipe. I searched high and low and found one that I labled, “the bomb brownies” after I made and tasted them. I then promptly lost the recipe! I searched high and low for it, in the house, online, in my recipes stashes but to no avail. So what to do?! Try to find the recipe again of course and of course I couldn’t find it! At least I couldn’t find the recipe I thought I’d used so, time to come up with my own. This is it folks, you’re welcome, for real, for real!
- 1/2 C + 2 Tbs oil (I use a grapeseed/olive oil combo)
- 1/2 C AP flour
- 1/2 C cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C brewed black coffee
- 1/2 C each of semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Add everything (except chips & nuts) to a bowl and stir to combine. Add chips & nuts and pour into a parchment lined pan. Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and ice or eat plain. Enjoy!
Note: Parchment lined pan is in bold for a reason. Don’t forget to line your pan or your brownies will become brownie spoonbread!