Hi… My Name Is Chef Char And I Am A Soupaholic! It’s true – soup is my Achilles heel! I love soup and I love to make soup – year round! I don’t care if it’s 9 degrees or 90, I’ll still eat a bowl of steaming hot soup anytime! I’m sure I love soup so much because I can remember my Mom’s soup! Mommy was such a fabulous cook! There are many kinds of soup that I love and make but I’ll start with a true classic – homemade chicken noodle soup! It’s soooul good!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 – 3lb chicken (whole chicken cut in half or in pieces)
- 2-4 whole bay leaves (2 if large or 4 if medium/small)
- 2 c diced or sliced fresh or frozen carrots
- 2 c diced celery (stocks and leaves)
- 1/2 c butter
- 4T chicken base
- 1T onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- Cut chicken in half or if you prefer into pieces. Rinse chicken and put into a 6 quart stock pot. Add cold water to cover and put on low flame. Add carrots, celery and onion. Simmer chicken until internal temperature reaches 165. Skim foam off chicken at it cooks. When cooked, remove chicken pieces from broth. Remove skin and bone and cut up chicken into medium sized diced pieces. Return meat back to pot with vegetable and continue to simmer. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and chicken base. Remove bay leaves. Add cooked egg noodles and butter to pot. Turn off heat under pot. Serve with biscuits or crackers.
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Kudos
Thanks for the heads up! I sent you a “thanks” via email but it came back so I’m putting this one under your remarks! I appreciate you taking your time to try to help me out!