Honey Hush Puppies
This recipe is easy to prepare and gives great results. The chopped onion is a must!
- • 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 cup sugar
- • 2 tsp. baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp. salt
- • 1 egg, lightly beaten
- • 3/4 cup milk
- • 1 small onion, finely chopped
- • Oil for deep-fat frying
- • In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and onion together and add to dry ingredients just until incorporated
- • Heat oil to 365°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Serving size: 2-3 pcs
I just love hush puppies – ok, good hush puppies! This is a hush puppy recipe that goes great with fried fish and with fried cabbage and greens, beans, chili! I tend to eat outside the lines! No rules, just eat! 🙂